Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beautiful Faces

My readers know by now that I’m obsessed with faces!

I recently searched with Google on “beautiful faces”, and got lots of hits, though of course the tastes of people posting pictures of beautiful faces and my tastes do diverge to a minor degree.  Many of the faces were of famous actresses and models, and yet others of nameless women and girls.

Then, to my surprise, I found a photo containing a number of faces, all well known.  I thought I saw repeated faces, and I puzzled over them a little, until I was stunned to find what was really going on: the faces were being merged in pairs!  The first set of four faces merged belonged to Angelina Jolie, Ann Hathaway, Charlize Theron, and Elisha Cuthbert.

These women certainly have four of the most beautiful faces I know, but what is more amazing is that they must have been selected for ease of merging!  Reading on, I found four more faces merged, then four more, and finally yet another four.  The total list is:

Angelina Jolie, Ann Hathaway, Charlize Theron, and Elisha Cuthbert;
Hilary Duff, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel;
Kiera Knightley, Kate Bosworth, Kristin Kreuk, Mandy Moore;
Megan Fox, Monica Bellucci, Natalie Portman, and Scarlett Johanson.

I have my preferences; the women in the second set of four are certainly charming, and have powerful personalities, but their faces —except for that of Jessica Alba— are on the severe side, and they have unfortunately influenced the final result just a little too strongly.  Other faces that are missing, and favorites of mine, are Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Connelly, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Winslett, Isla Fisher, … if I keep going, I’ll find that most of my favorites have been left out!  Still, it was an interesting idea.

Here is the image showing the merging of the first four faces:

This particular merging of four faces was, in my opinion, the most successful.  Unfortunately, the final result is predictably generic, and not very beautiful after all is said and done.  The entire exercise left me surprised; I had not realized how beautiful Kiera Knightley’s face is, for instance; her personality comes across so strong in her movies, that you tend to attribute her beauty to it, rather than to her looks.  In fact, there are slight irregularities in her face that get in the way of her being classified as beautiful.  But oh, her charm!  Never was there so much charm in a face; no one can blush like Kiera can.  The merge of Angelina Jolie and Anne Hathaway is startlingly effective; you can see the potential in each of the two individual faces!  The merging of the other two is not, to my eyes, an improvement on either face; Elisha Cuthbert is a stunningly pretty woman, and so is Charlize Theron, but when merged the result is a sort of girl-next-door.

Reading further, I have discovered that this merging did not originate in the website to which I have given you a link; still, in the absence of a better reference, it is all I can give you at the moment...

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment